Looking for Honda Accord A17 service costs? You’re in the right place to find all the details.
The average Honda Accord A17 service cost typically falls between $200 and $400. This cost may vary due to factors such as location, choice between dealership or independent service center, and the specific model and age of your Honda Accord.
For instance, a dealership in Los Angeles might charge $350 for the service, while an independent garage in a smaller city could offer the same service for $250.
In the following sections, we’ll examine a detailed breakdown of these costs, providing you with a clearer understanding of each maintenance item included in the A17 service.
What Does Honda Accord A17 Service Include?
The Honda A17 service is a comprehensive maintenance package designed to keep your Honda Accord running optimally.
This service generally includes an oil and filter change, tire rotation, engine air filter replacement, cabin air filter replacement, and brake fluid replacement. Additionally, if applicable, it may also involve transmission fluid replacement.
This regular maintenance ultimately helps reduce the risk of unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs in the long run, such as the expenses incurred from a fuel drain.
A typical Honda Accord A17 Service includes the following items and their associated costs:
- Oil and filter change: $25 – $65
- Tire rotation: $20 – $50
- Engine air filter replacement: $15 – $40
- Cabin air filter replacement: $20 – $60
- Brake fluid replacement: $60 – $130
- Transmission fluid replacement (if applicable): $110 – $290
|Maintenance Item||Cost Range|
|Oil and filter change||$25 – $65|
|Tire rotation||$20 – $50|
|Engine air filter replacement||$15 – $40|
|Cabin air filter replacement||$20 – $60|
|Brake fluid replacement||$60 – $130|
|Transmission fluid replacement||$110 – $290 (if applicable)|
Please note that these costs are approximate and may vary depending on factors such as location, choice between dealership or independent service center, and the specific model and age of your Honda Accord.
Factors Affecting A17 Service Cost
- Geographic location. The cost of living and labor rates impact A17 service prices. For example, A17 service might cost $350 in New York City, while in a smaller town, it could be $250. Urban areas with a higher cost of living usually have higher service costs compared to rural areas with lower costs of living.
- Dealership vs. independent service center. Dealerships often charge more for A17 service due to their specialized expertise and higher overhead costs, similar to what you might find in an Acura B13 service. For instance, A17 service might cost $400 at a dealership, but only $300 at an independent center. Comparing prices between different service providers can help you find the best value.
- Age and model of the Honda Accord. The age and model of your vehicle can influence the cost of A17 service. For example, A17 service for a 2010 Accord might cost $275, while a 2020 model could be $325. Older models or those with unique specifications may require specialized parts or additional labor, leading to higher costs.
- Frequency of maintenance. Regular maintenance prevents expensive repairs. Neglecting A17 service may lead to a $450 repair bill instead of a $300 scheduled service. Adhering to Honda’s recommended maintenance schedule can help prevent more expensive repairs down the line, like the ones involved in a 60K mile service.
- Current promotions and discounts. Service centers and dealerships may offer seasonal promotions or discounts. A $350 A17 service could be reduced to $300 with a 15% discount promotion. Look out for these deals to save money on your maintenance.
By considering these factors, you can make informed decisions about your Honda Accord A17 service and potentially save money in the process.
Breakdown of A17 Service Costs
Let’s dive into a detailed breakdown of the costs associated with each part of the Honda Accord A17 service, keeping in mind that these costs may vary depending on various factors.
Oil and Filter Change
- Oil cost: $20-$50, depending on the type and brand
- Oil filter cost: $5-$15, with premium filters offering better filtration
- Labor cost: $20-$50, may vary by service center
Air Filter Replacements
- Engine air filter: $15-$40, better quality filters improve performance
- Cabin air filter: $20-$60, depending on the type and brand
Brake Fluid Replacement
- Brake fluid cost: $10-$30, depending on the type and brand
- Labor cost: $50-$100, skilled technicians ensure proper replacement
Transmission Fluid Replacement (if applicable)
- Transmission fluid cost: $30-$90, depending on the type and brand
- Labor cost: $80-$200, varies with technician’s hourly rate and task complexity
Overall Labor Costs
Labor costs for A17 service depend on the technician’s hourly rate, region, and complexity of the maintenance.
For oil and filter change, tire rotation, and brake fluid replacement, labor costs are already mentioned above. For other services, labor costs typically range from $40 to $150 per hour, with the overall service taking between 1.5 to 3 hours.
Tips for Reducing A17 Service Costs
To help you save money on your Honda Accord A17 service costs, here are some more specific and actionable tips.
Before settling on a service provider, shop around and compare prices from different dealerships and independent service centers. Don’t be afraid to negotiate or ask for a better deal, as some providers may be willing to match or beat a competitor’s price.
Here’s how to do it:
- Request written quotes from at least three different service providers, including both dealerships and independent service centers.
- Use online resources such as forums, review sites, or social media groups to gather information on reputable service centers in your area and their pricing.
Utilizing Service Specials or Coupons
Take advantage of service specials, coupons, and discounts offered by dealerships or independent service centers. Keep an eye out for seasonal promotions, loyalty programs, or other incentives that can help you save money on your A17 service. Where to find these:
- Subscribe to your local dealerships’ and service centers’ newsletters or follow them on social media to stay updated on their latest promotions and discounts.
- Check online coupon websites or apps for automotive service deals in your area.
- Inquire about referral discounts if a friend or family member has recommended a particular service center.
DIY Options for Certain Tasks
Consider tackling some simpler maintenance tasks yourself, such as oil and filter changes, tire rotations, or air filter replacements. By performing these tasks at home, you can save on labor costs. Some actionable advice from us regarding this:
- Invest in a reliable set of tools and a repair manual specific to your Honda Accord model.
- Watch tutorial videos or attend local car maintenance workshops to learn the correct techniques for performing maintenance tasks.
- For more complex tasks, consider seeking advice from experienced DIYers through online forums or local car clubs.
What exactly is Honda service code A?
Honda service code A refers to an oil and filter change, which is a basic maintenance task to keep your Honda’s engine running smoothly and efficiently.
How long does a Honda Accord with 15% oil life last?
A Honda Accord with 15% oil life remaining can typically last around 750 to 1,500 miles before needing an oil change, depending on driving conditions and habits.
Is it safe to drive my Honda with 0% oil life?
Driving with 0% oil life is not recommended, as it increases the risk of engine damage and potential breakdowns due to lack of proper lubrication and contaminants in the oil.
What is excessive mileage for a Honda Accord?
Excessive mileage for a Honda Accord is generally considered to be over 200,000 miles, as this is the point where many components may start to wear out or require replacement.
How far can a Honda Accord go between oil changes?
A Honda Accord can typically go between 5,000 and 7,500 miles between oil changes, depending on the type of oil used and the vehicle’s specific maintenance schedule.